My fiance & I make this recipe once a week – usually on Monday. Not only is it a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious dinner, but it also gives us leftovers to take for lunch for about half of the week! We have yet to get sick of it and I hope you’ll love it as much as we do!
Feel free to play around with the ingredients – sometimes we’ll add some extras (jalapeno, corn, different amounts of the seasoning, etc) depending on what we’re in the mood for. It’s hard to mess this one up, so have fun with it & do whatever tastes right to you!
If you try it, please share your thoughts in the comments section!
- Lean ground turkey
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1 can of low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can of low sodium kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5-6 tsp of chili powder
- 3 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- Pink Himalyan sea salt to taste
- Brown the turkey using medium heat
- Stir in diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and all seasonings & mix thoroughly
- Add 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth or water to prevent dryness
- Cover & cook on low for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- Add more liquid if dryness starts to occur
*Optional: Mix in shredded cheese & serve with non-GMO tortilla chips
*Serving Size: 1 cup; Makes about 6 servings