This recipe is from Skinnytaste & is one of my all-time favorites. It takes about 10 minutes to just throw everything in a slow cooker and makes about 8 servings! It’s perfect for when you have limited time or just don’t feel like cooking (we’ve all been there!), but still want a healthy, delicious meal that will give you a few days worth of leftovers. To be honest, I skip the cilantro & scallions in my version, but I’m putting the recipe below as it is for those who might enjoy those ingredients.
- -24 oz (1.5 lbs) chicken breast
- -14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- -15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- -8 oz frozen corn
- -1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- -14.4 oz can fat-free chicken broth
- -3 scallions, chopped
- -1 tsp garlic powder
- -1 tsp onion powder
- -1 tsp cumin
- -1 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- -salt to taste
- -1/2 cup brown rice (optional)
- -tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.