This is another Skinnytaste favorite of mine that works for either lunch or dinner. It’s surprisingly filling and takes under 30 minutes to make, which is a win in my book! I have the hardest time getting my veggies in, but this recipe makes it easy. Hope you enjoy it, too!
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus (~10 stalks) with ends broken off, cut into thirds
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of jarred pesto
- Olive oil spray
- 4 ounces of fresh mini mozzarella balls (bocconcini), halved
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic glaze (I usually make mine without this & it’s still good)
- 12 small fresh basil leaves (I usually skip these, too)
- Combine vegetable pieces in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto, toss well, and marinate for at least 15 mins or as long as overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high (I cook mine on a stove-top and it works well, too).
- Place 1/2 the vegetables in a single layer on a large grill tray (or skillet) sprayed with oil and cook, flipping constantly for 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly charred.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining vegetables.
- To serve, divide the veggies between 2 plates, add 2 ounces of mozzarella to each dish and drizzle with the balsamic glaze, topping each with 6 fresh basil leaves.