This one is a real treat, you guys! Delicious, easy to make, and fiance approved. Not to mention it’s a much healthier alternative when you’re craving buffalo wings. Which, for us, is pretty much always. 🙂 So whip out that helpful crockpot and give this one a try! If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can also boil the chicken on a stovetop– it’s just as delicious that way.
For the chicken:
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank’s)
For the wraps:
- 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.
To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and start eating!
Source: www.skinnytaste.com (of course!)